Thursday 15 January 2015

Jacobus the knitted monkey


Meet Jacobus

He is a bit shy



Details
Pattern Monkey Jacobus by Anita Wildschut
Needle US 2½ - 3.0 mm
Colorway 747
Difficulty hard

Pattern review
I’m a TV-knitter, this is not a pattern you can knit while watching your favorite show...well at least I can't. 


I struggled, although the pattern is very clear and it comes with pictures to help you. Just follow every step in the pattern and you’ll be fine in the end. The result is stunning! 



I might make another one….one day….not too soon though :-P.
I made the tail a bit longer and to get a nice curl, I added a pipe cleaner.

This little monkey was a gift for a little baby girl and she is very fond of him. I think it makes a perfect gender neutral gift. 



1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Knitted toys are often so fiddly to make, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Something on your mind?