Friday 9 September 2011

Cakepops

What a great idea for parties! Cake pops! I spotted these on pinterest and knew I had to give them a try!

Don't they look yummie? It is relatively new here in Holland and for those who never seen them, give them a google! So many pretty designs and tastes. 

They are easy weasy to make, although you will need to reserve some time for it. They consist of cake crumbs, something sticky like frosting and a coating.


I made mine of vanilla cake, crumbled it into tiny crumbs in a large bin and mixed it with a cream cheese frosting (just powdered sugar with cream cheese). Then put  it in the fridge for  10 minutes. 

Take them out and roll small balls of the mixture. These go on a sheet of baking paper in the freezer for 15 minutes. In the meanwhile I melted some white chocolate and mixed some red pigment to make it look pretty and pink. Take your sticks and dip them in the pink chocolate. Put them in the balls and wait until the chocolate has solidified. Take a stick with a ball and dip it in the coating. 

If you can't follow, check youtube. So many tutorials there. I put a little disco sprinkles on top, I never stopped like those ^_^.  


I will definitely make more of those in different flavors and designs! What a brilliant concept. Have some of you ever tried making these? If so, pictures would be great!



6 comments:

  1. You are so talented! I started seeing cake pops in Scotland at the end of last year so they are quite new here too....I have seen them, and had a rocky road cake pop (which was yummy!)

    Although you use pinterest? I recently started using it..as my sister said I must :)

    http://pinterest.com/princessnut/ thats mine so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I've seen the recipe but never tried them because we also don't have boxed cake/frosting so I didn't think to just make it all from scratch. I definitely have to try them, now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you all for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are brilliant, what a great idea my little one will be three in nine days so I reckon we might give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Followed Faith's link to find you - these are fantastic! I have a houseful of boys so am imagining footballs and tennis balls!
    Thanks for the tutorial!
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete

Something on your mind?